Territory Market Studies
RSR produces territory market studies for manufacturers’ representatives, sales organizations, and other companies whose business is limited by geographic boundaries. Clients typically request territory market studies to quantify the market potential of a new product or a new territory.
These studies are unique because competitors are sales organizations rather than manufacturers. Understanding the competitive landscape, therefore, involves learning about the capabilities of particular selling organizations and understanding the purchases and preferences of customers in a particular territory.
- Quantify and segment the market potential for a product in a territory
- Find and understand the key customers for a product in a territory
- Assess and analyze the competition in a territory
RSR typically answers the following questions in a territory study:
- Territory market size for the product
- Market shares of the major competitors
- Companies gaining or losing market share
- Key customers of the major competitors
Relevant Case Studies
An instrumentation supplier was evaluating the best means to enter the fast growing US oil and gas shale market. There are many potential areas to pursue, and the Client needed to choose the best plays to enter and the appropriate entry strategy. Some of the Client’s...