Shortly after consummating a highly coveted acquisition, an industrial controls company was assessing how to grow the newly acquired products. The Client believed it could use its well-developed channel to grow the business in selected strategic country markets; however, it had limited knowledge of the local market conditions for the new products. Most importantly, the Client did not have a deep understanding of the key opportunities and barriers to growth in these markets.
Given its corporate mandate to grow the newly acquired company, the Client turned to RSR to help “jump start” the marketing plan. Specifically, the Client needed a third party, unbiased assessment of the current market environment and a “drill down” into the various segments to enable it to determine the proper resources needed to grow the business in each of the targeted countries.
Overview of RSR Engagement – New Market Penetration
Project Goals and Objectives
Analyze the local market (s) for the newly acquired products to help the Client quickly enter and penetrate the market.
- Quantify / segment the local market for the product (s) of interest.
- Understand regulatory conditions and other factors impacting growth.
Customer Competitive Analysis
- Quantify and segment customer demand by vertical segment.
- Assess the competitive intensity in the local market (s) to determine opportunities and barriers to entry.
Key Study Findings
- Found many customers to be dissatisfied with the limited number of suppliers and breadth of product offering.
- Identified the market and geographic segments that presented the best growth opportunities.
- Identified segments where opportunities are limited due to customer loyalty and unique products.
- Target a particular competitor, who was the source of reported customer dissatisfaction.
- Focus marketing on the specifically identified customers and channel partners who have the greatest influence in the market.
- Focus on the identified product technology which is projected to grow significantly as a percent of local market demand.
RSR is a business research firm that provides primary source market intelligence, competitive benchmarking, and strategic analysis.
We help our clients make better strategic decisions by giving them an in-depth understanding of the market and competitive landscape.
Our firm assists clients in situations where critical gaps in knowledge, experience, or information inhibit confident, effective decision-making.
We bring unmatched primary research interviewing skills & techniques, exceptional analytical precision, and industry expertise in niche markets to fill in the missing pieces.
We help our clients grow their business by providing them:
- Market entry studies
- Customer analysis
- Acquisition analysis
- Competitive analysis
- Business case analysis
- Territory market studies
To learn more about RSR Marketing Solutions, visit www.RSRMarketing.com or contact either of our principals directly.