Decisions with confidenceMarket insights that inform
strategic decisions —
and fuel business growth.
The team at RSR can help you to—
- Understand the market and competitive landscape so you can move into the right markets successfully;
- Understand complex and often unfamiliar market environments so you can make acquisition decisions with confidence;
- Understand limiting factors and new opportunities so you can address underserved markets or unmet customer needs.
Schedule an appointment with an RSR consultant to discuss how you can make your next business move with far more confidence.
Any intern can do a survey.
But a survey provides data that may or may not be useful or even accurate. How can you make a sound business decision if you are questioning the validity of the facts at hand?
Making business decisions without the benefit of targeted and thoughtful research feels like flying blind. Staring at pages of data without insights can feel overwhelming. What if you were to interpret the data incorrectly? You don’t need an 80 million dollar mistake this year.
At RSR we provide valuable insights gleaned from highly-targeted market research. Imagine making your next big business move with the confidence you need— the confidence to act quickly and decisively.
Why work with RSR?
- Interactive — Our process is highly interactive, and we fine tune our research by incorporating your insights, to make sure that our research is relevant to your challenge at hand.
- Specialized — We have decades of experience in industrial markets, conducting studies for acquisition analysis, competitive analysis, market development, new product development, and territory market analysis needs.
- Customized — We develop rigorous models that fit your unique situation and challenge. We do not sell standard off-the-shelf studies at RSR.
- Experienced — When you hire RSR, you get the “A” team. There are no junior researchers here. We don’t just deliver the raw data, we tell you what our data means in the context of the decision at hand.
- Fresh eyes — We ask the questions that you wouldn’t even think of asking to get to the heart of the market research you need so you can act quickly and decisively.
- Timely Results — Our studies can be delivered within weeks of our initial contact with you, often before the big consulting firms can even begin your project. Because our study is conducted just for you, our insights and recommendations are always fresh and up-to-date.
- Optimal Value — Our highly skilled and experienced consultants produce studies that are far more valuable than a typical survey or syndicated study, but for a much lower investment than a large consulting firm with high overhead could offer. .
The RSR Methodology
If you need in-depth market and competitive analysis to support your business planning and development needs, we offer a proven process, which includes the following steps:
Even before we formally engage in a project with you, we will get crystal clear on the results you are seeking, all towards the objective of increasing your company’s revenue, market share and profitability.
Our projects rely heavily on primary research and interviewing to obtain real time, accurate information. RSR’s interviewers utilize a combination of industry knowledge and years of executive interviewing experience to probe for insight, not merely information.
Once most of our data has been gathered, we meet to ensure that your study is meeting the objectives we set, to make any necessary adjustments or corrections prior to finishing the study.
Once all the facts have been assembled, we will schedule meetings with you to develop a plan of action. Our recommendations become the basis for your action plans.
The end result is a rigorous, quantitative analysis of your business challenge at hand, along with critical qualitative insights that provide you with the necessary knowledge you need to present your case internally and make the right decision for your organization. In one to three months you will gain a deeper understanding of the market factors that are relevant to your business planning or decision point.
A Client’s sales management team was exploring options to manufacture or private label the manufacture and marketing of a particular industrial instrument. This instrument is a core part of the Client’s offering but was never considered to be a good fit with the company’s operations. Recently, however, a potential strategic partner has approached the Client with the idea of joining forces to manufacture and market the product. The decision to manufacture or partner entails a fairly large investment. Prior to making this move the Client required answers to critical questions, such as: What is the current and projected size of the market? How can the Client...read more
An industrial component supplier sought to take advantage of the market turmoil and acquire a struggling competitor in a related segment. After meeting internally to discuss the attractiveness of the segments and the companies, it became apparent that there were significant gaps in the Client’s understanding of the business. Specifically, the Client was not sure if the adoption rate of the acquisition candidate’s technology was increasing or decreasing? Were these companies struggling due to economic downturns or was there some other structural problem with the companies and /or market. Given this uncertainty, the Client needed an unbiased, third party evaluation...read more
A leading industrial products company was considering entry into an adjacent market for its current technology. The company had not previously sold into this adjacent market because the product requirements appeared to be different. Upon further review, however, the Client questioned whether the key success factors were in the products or in the sales channels and support structure. Given the large potential opportunity that this adjacent market represented, the Client requested RSR Marketing Solutions’ (“RSR”) assistance in determining the critical success factors for entering and being successful in this new market. Overview of RSR Engagement – New Market...read more
We are often asked, “How much would it cost for us to get a study of the XYZ market?” A quick answer is that an RSR market study may range from as little as $10,000 to as much as $100,000 or more. To narrow this range requires a detailed discussion of what the client is hoping to accomplish by purchasing a market study. For perspective, consider how a realtor might answer the question, “How much does a house cost?” The answer depends on many factors, such as location, size, materials of construction, and numerous other details. A newly-constructed house generally costs more than an existing house. A custom-built home generally costs more than a cookie-cutter...read more
From the Inbox
Kevin Klebe, Harbour Group
Ken Biele, President of JWC Engineering
Manager of Market Research, Victaulic Company- Easton, PA
President, Equipment Controls